1) What is the highest estimate for the total number of Muslims that live n the world today?
2) List 10 countries who have a Muslim population of 86% or greater.
3) What country has the largest Muslim population?
4) How many Muslims are there in the United States?
1) Worship one god, Allah, and believe in monothesis.
2) Mohamad is only a prophet and God’s messanger.
3) Believe in God, pray, do charity, fast, and if you can pilgrimage to mecca
4) Believe in God, his angels, his books, his prophets, etc
5) Obey God and his prophet Mohamed by listening to what they have said
6) Be a good person, do good things. Help humanity.
Teachings of Muhammad
Go to the following website and put 3 of Muhammad’s sayings in your own
1. “The best jihad [struggle] is (by) the one who strives against his own self for Allah, The Mighty and Majestic,”
This means that the struggle to serve God is a huge struggle, but if you can submit to it then you are strong in the eyes of God.
2. “It is a declaration of the truth and light to show the right path. It is the wise, the complete exhortation and a clear message…it is the embodiment of the fairest statements and Divine words of wisdom.”
Wisdom and truth will lead you towards the path of righteousness.
3. “This is nothing but a manifestation of injustice, oppression and tyranny…and it is amongst the greatest of sins.”
This is reiterating the Islamic religiou is a peaceful relgion.
1.What is highest estimate for the total number of Muslims that live in the
The highest estimate for the total number of Muslims that live in the world today is 2.1 billion.
2. List 10 countries who have a Muslim population of 86% or greater.
Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Gambia, Iran, Iraq.
3. What country has the largest Muslim population?
4. How many Muslims are there in the United States?
- Muslism believe in one God
- Muslims believe in angels and value them highly
- Muslims believe that God revaled books to his propehts and messangers to guide us.
- Muslims believe that his messangers are Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Issac, Jacob, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad.
- Muslims believe in the Day of Judgment
- Muslims believe in Al-Quadar which is Divine Predestination which does not restrict free will.
- The Quran provides a source for faith and how to live your life in any aspect of humanity
- Arabic because God speaks Arabic. So if it is translated then it is not the Quaran
- This is during the month of Ramadan
- Muhammad to memorize the Quaran.
Task # 4
- Five Pillars
Salat-Praying five times a day
Zakat- Benefits the poor
- Why are they important?
They are the key to living a true muslim life.
- Why is cheating on them impossible
It is impossible because it is a part of the faith
- Compare the 5 pillars with similar religions
1) Ramadan is the month of fasting
2) Smoking and sexual relations and the time of which one can eat
3) Dishonesty, slander, fasle oath, greed, and coveting
4) It is the day Muhammad first received the Holy Quran
5) When Ramadan ends there is a fiest called Id-al-Fitr. There is food, prayer, and gifts during festivels.
6) To get close to God, to fast, and to obey God
7) Because they are more focused on God.